Every year the anticipation of Christmas is almost unbearable for my little ones. It has got so bad that my 7 year old makes an advent calendar for him and his siblings to help ease some of the anticipation even though we have already have a snowman advent calendar lol). All of the commercials on tv, have my kids constantly adding items to their list of must haves for X-mas. So to narrow down the drama I formulated a plan two years ago to assist myself with the Christmas Wish list. Once we finished narrowing down our list we created Dear santa letters to be mailed off. There are so many different santa addresses to choose from and what I have seen most cost about $5, however I found that usps has a system that you can do, which only cost you a stamp and an envelope. In order to partipicate and get a letter back from Santa here are the stops to follow:
- Have your child write a letter to Santa and seal it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Tell your child that you’ll place a stamp on the envelope and mail it to St. Nick for him or her.
- Later, when alone, open the envelope, read the letter and write Santa’s response on the back of the child’s letter. Have Santa write: “It’s important to be green and save paper. That’s why I’m writing on the back.”
- When responding as Santa, reference your child’s accomplishments not included in his or her letter, i.e., Santa is so proud that you volunteered to help ____, or Santa is really impressed with the great job you’re doing in school — especially with math, etc. Sign it Santa Claus with a P.S. to get to bed early Christmas Eve.
- Place the letter into a new envelope addressed to the child at his or her home. Be sure to include: Santa Claus, North Pole, as the return address on the envelope. Don’t forget to apply a First-Class stamp — such as a recently issued Santa or Rudolph Forever stamp.
- Place the stamped envelope in a larger envelope (or Priority Mail envelope) with adequate postage and address it to:
NORTH POLE HOLIDAY POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
Keep in mind that this must be done ahead of time so that letters are received by Dec. 15. For further details of how the process works once it gets there click link above “usps”. If you don’t already have a Dear Santa letter, I have created two you can choose from. Just click and save as a jpg file. Print it out and let the kids have at it.
I hope you enjoy the santa letters! Until next time,